It’s been quite an amazing year so far! Received my grades back for the spring semester and found out I have an A in Plant Identification for my horticulture class! And a B in philosophy! I am super happy, I worked really hard with both of those classes, which required a lot of memorization…something I’m not very good at. In fall semester I’ll be taking 3 horticulture classes: Landscape design 1, Pests and Weeds, Soils and fertilizers, a whole 10 units! But on tues/thurs block. It’s going to be quite the semester…not to mention I have to miss atleast the 3rd week of classes, if not both the 2nd and the 3rd :O Because….
I’m Going to BURNING MAN!!!!! For free!! And I’m getting paid for it! I get to work for Center Camp…the heart of all the camps..the people who actually run and make happen…The Burning Man. So my boyfriend Robert got an offer to work for Center camp as a chef, and I get to come along as well, and work for them too!! Not sure what they’ll be having me do but it sounds as though we shall be working mornings and have the rest of the day to be regular Burners!!! Yeeeaaaahh!!! I almost cried when I found out I could go! Black Rock city is my home, it’s where I come alive…it’s how the world should be…how I feel the world will one day be…
I also found out recently that I am not going to lose my vision!! Yay!!!! At least not anytime soon. I have a condition call glaucoma, which is when the fluids in your eyes don’t drain properly, causing pressure on the veins and optic nerves in the eyes..later resulting in blindness if untreated. I was cut off from my county medical program last year, my prescription was for Travatan…which costs 1000 bucks..Um..not happening!! So..I proceeded without any medication, and continued to take herbal remedies and vitamin supplements to help with nerve damage. Sadly I have a little optic nerve damage..it’s thinning..but good thing is It’s not aweful! So I’m happy…and will continue to take as best care of my eyes. It sucks having this conditon, I am also told it is extremely rare for a girl my age to have glaucoma…without it being congenital…which mine isn’t..it started when I was 15..fun! But I can see, I can read, I will be able to see my children when I have them..I am grateful and totally happy.
Hopefully going on a hiking trip next week, not sure if that is still happening since so many people have back out last minute..which kind of sucks..lol..but it’s whatever, we may just make it a day trip or something :)
Also, going to be doing more Burlesque soon hopefully!!!! I’m so excited, The Murder Street Dame troupe is really starting to catch on, and make some noise. Also some pulses throbbing ;) But man the choreography is getting amazing, the props, and outfits are also starting to grow in complexity and style. I am really happy to be a Dame..just need to get the show on the road guys!!!
Found out my two friends are getting married in 2015, yay!
This will be my 3rd year of having dreadies, come Burning Man 2013 ;)
Iris my Cat will be 1 year old.
Robert is going to turn 27 this July..so weird…
Getting my 20x20 plot up and running this summer, hopefully this week!
Also, this week, going to turn in all my legal paperwork to become a Business!! Going to start selling my products and services as soon as I can!!! Yay!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment